LLB (Hons), Multimedia University
Year of Admission
Chew Sin Chi graduated from Multimedia University and admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in 2017. She joined Gan & Zul as Legal Associate in 2018 and was promoted as Senior Associate in 2023. Sin Chi is part of the firm’s Corporate Department and primarily focuses on corporate securities, corporate restructuring, transactional matters, mergers and acquisitions and corporate advisory, commercial and joint ventures.
Sin Chi has undertaken local transactions relating to public company take-overs and acquisitions, strategic alliances and other business combinations. Her work has encompassed a range of high-profile transactions, including:
• Advised and acted for a public listed company for the acquisition of the majority equity in a private company in the property development industry on the appropriate corporate structure and regulatory compliance for a total consideration of RM180 million.
• Advised and acted for a healthcare company through a USD120 million subscription of redeemable convertible preference shares.
• Advised and acted in settlement agreement with investment financial institution worth RM8 million.
• Advised a Malaysian developer’s company on the development agreement and joint venture agreement and related commercial agreement for the purpose of property development.
• Advised a listed Singapore based listed company on the property management, town planning and issues of strata titles under the Housing Development (Control and Licensing) Act 1966 and compliance of the Strata Titles Act 1985 and the Strata Management Act 2013.
• Drafted, negotiated and reviewed real property instruments including sale and purchase agreements, deed of assignment, lease agreement, share sale agreement and joint-venture agreements between companies, developers and landowners.
Practice Areas Corporate Finance and Commercial
Securities and Finance
Merger and Acquisition